Family Ski Holidays
Are you organising a ski holiday for your family?
It’s the details that matter when organising a ski holiday with children. Skiing is a wonderful way for families to spend time together, and choosing the right catered chalet and ski resort can make all the difference in making sure the whole family has a fun, enjoyable and relaxing holiday.
We’ll give you our best recommendations, and be honest about our chalets. We won’t tell you it’s an easy walk to the ski lifts if the chalet is half an hour away!
Why choose Alpenglow for your family ski holiday?
We have hundreds of family-friendly catered ski chalets in France, Austria, Switzerland and Italy.
- You’ll speak to someone with a lot of ski experience – guaranteed
- We know the ski chalets in detail, so we’ll be able to answer any questions you have
- The same person will look after your booking – even after you’ve come home
- We’re a small agency so the service you get is very personal
- We can cater for family groups of any size
- 99% of our reviewers would recommend us
As members of the Travel Trust Association we offer 100% financial protection on all our holidays.
School holiday dates provide a limited window for family ski holidays. It’s best to book well in advance, so it’s good to know your money is completely safe.
Things to think about when booking a family ski holiday
- Picking the right ski resort: Make sure it has plenty of pistes to match the abilities of everyone in the family. Find out what other activities are available to keep the kids entertained when off the slopes. Check the airport transfer time – especially important with young children who get travel sick
- Choosing the right ski chalet: If you want to eat dinner as a family, check what time it’s served for the kids. Some chalets insist on kids eating early if you don’t have sole occupancy. The location of the chalet is also important; ask how easy it will be to get the children to the lifts or to ski school in the morning.
- Childcare and ski lessons: Do you need a chalet with in-house childcare? Do the children need ski lessons? Is there a kids club they can go to? What about activities for older children?
Our favourite chalets for families with children
Choucas, sleeps 14-16, La Rosiere
A comfortable chalet apartment located close to the slopes of La Rosiere
These chalet apartments are located in the Les Eucherts area of the resort. Les Eucherts is withdrawn from the main town centre but the free bus service runs every day through to 8pm, taking guests to the old town with its good selection of shops, bars and restaurants. You can also walk to town within 15 minutes. The skiing is on the doorstep on a piste that all levels of skier can use. The Euchert Express chairlift is 250 metres away and the ski school meeting point even closer. Chalets Moët and Marmotte are on the 2nd floor, Chalets Bizet and Belette are on the 3rd floor and all are serviced by a lift.
Chalet Choucas sleeps 14-16 guests in 7 en suite rooms. The chalets themselves are comfortable and traditional and offer outstanding value for money. The open plan living and dining areas all have a wood burning stove, balcony and television. The bedrooms all have their own en suite bathrooms complete with a Jacuzzi bath, for that added touch of luxury.
All these chalet apartments now benefit from communal access to the wellness area in a neighbouring building, comprising saunas, Jacuzzis and a steam room.
Philippe, sleeps 14-20, Alpe d’Huez
A fantastic choice for a group of 14-20 guests, the room arrangements add superb flexibility for groups unsure of their final numbers
Chalet Philippe is located in the centre of Alpe d’Huez, the skiing is close by thanks to the promixity of the “lobster pots”, an in-resort transit lift that whisks skiers straight up to the ski school meeting point and choice of lifts (DMC gondola and Signal chairlift) in a matter of minutes. You can also ski back to within 150 metres of the chalet. The town centre is a short walk away from the property too.
The entrance to the Philippe is on the ground floor. The property is very flexible with group sizes and can sleep from 14-20 guests in 7 rooms. All of which have their own en suite bathrooms and 3 have a supplementary bunk bed too. Groups can book this chalet for 14 and grow into the chalet.
The chalet also has a sauna and an indoor hot tub too.