Elliot East, sleeps 8, La Tania
A gorgeous little chalet in a stunning location, close to the skiing and has it's own hot tub too!
Many skiers search for that “chocolate box” chalet nesting between the pine trees. Well here it is. The Elliot chalets both sleep 8 in 4 en suite rooms and each has its own outdoor hot tub on the terrace.
Ski access for competent skiers is excellent, you can ski practically back to the chalet via an unpisted track. The main gondola, village centre and ski school meeting points are all within a couple of minutes walk.
The chalets can be booked individually for groups of 8 or as one large chalet for groups of 16. There is an interconnecting door between the two chalets which is opened up when one group takes both chalets.
What's included in catering
6 x evening meals, 7 x breakfasts and 6 x afternoon tea
A really lovely little property. Perfect for families or keen skiers looking for quick access to Courchevel, Meribel or both!
Premium Chalet service
In addition to all the services provided in our standard chalets, the premium service catered chalet gives you that little bit extra …
The catering ….
- The most experienced & talented of the chalet hosts
- Pre-dinner aperitifs and canapes
- Higher quality bottled table wines in unlimited supply during the main meal
- An additional cheeseboard course after the evening meal
- After dinner liquers, coffee and mints
- Freshly baked croissants, a fruit bowl and some other little extras with breakfast – in addition to the normal full English breakfast, cereals, porridge and other options we offer as standard
The room ….
- Brand new Hypnos beds in most chalets – the most comfortable beds in the world!
- Bathrobes provided in the rooms
- Large bath towels and hand towels – changed automatically mid-week or on demand
- New and updated quality bed linen with comfy bed runners and cushions
- Choice of pillows with high qualify firm and soft pillows provided on every bed
- High quality duvets – warm but light microfibre for the most comfortable night in the Alps
- Additional towels provided for the jacuzzi
- Complimentary toiletries on arrival
- Hairdryers available in each chalet
The quality standard service:
Designed by professional chefs ….. delivered by highly trained chalet hosts
The menu has been devised by award winning catering and events company – Vanilla Catering (www.vanillacatering.co.uk) – their directors know what a catered chalet is all about having spent several years running one and their head chef and his team have brought a touch of professionalism to the menu design and the training of our staff in resort.
In today’s economic climate, the cost of eating out in resort has increased but guests have no need to do this except on the chalet couple’s day off ….. the breakfast table is loaded with as much as you can eat and when you return from skiing there is another loaded afternoon tea table so you leave well stocked up for your day’s skiing and an expensive lunch is not necessary as you can eat your fill when you come back.
The breakfast has got to be one of the best in the Alps! Famous for a fantastic traditional full English breakfast, available every day except for the chalet hosts day off – proper back bacon and traditional Irish sausages Heinz Baked Beans imported from the UK go together with the eggs cooked to order, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried bread to ensure our guests are served the ‘real McCoy’. But of course it isn’t just the cooked option – also served is freshly baked French bread (sourced from the same suppliers as the local bakeries, but baked in the chalet to ensure it is always warm and fresh!), jams and spreads, cereals, muesli, natural yoghurt, fresh fruit – and of course orange juice, tea and coffee.
And when you return from skiing, afternoon tea will satisfy those hunger pangs with more freshly baked French bread and freshly home-made cake in plentiful supply – not limited to one piece per person so no need to make sure you’re first back from the slopes! For those who prefer the low-carb option, apples and oranges are available in the fruit bowl. Afternoon tea is served by your chalet hosts so fresh supplies are readily available whenever you return and the service continues throughout.
Bottled wine is served which is of a good standard – a choice of red, white and rose served throughout the evening meal. Additional bottles can be purchased at any other time via the minibar at good prices and offering a large upgrade wine list for pre-ordering additional wines for your holiday at wholesale prices.
Special dietary requirements can be catered for – including vegetarian, gluten free, lactose-free, nut-free and child menus with many products imported from England to suit the tastes of the British kids. For some special dietary requirements there is a small supplement to cover the additional cost and complexity of the requirement. Supplements are currently:
- Adult meals for children under 13 who have paid a child price – £100 (children must then eat at the adult meal time).
- Vegetarian, no red meat, no fish, no pork, no lamb – free of charge.
- Diabetic – £10 supplement.
- Gluten free – £15 supplement.
- Dairy free – £20 supplement.
- Vegan (Dairy Free Vegetarian) – £25 supplement.
- No alcohol – non-alcoholic drink alternatives are provided with the evening meal for the person who does not drink – free of charge
Chalet Day Off
On the chalet couple’s day off (one day in the middle of the week), a buffet breakfast will be available for you to help yourselves – the only day of the week when the Full English option is not available. The resort managers and other chalet staff will be around to make sure you have all you need and to clear up and set the table for afternoon tea – although your chalet couple are away for the day, the resort managers will be available if you need anything. In the evening, you can try out one of the local restaurants – there are various menus in the chalets and your hosts can help you make your choice and book you a table.
The chalet menus are not fancy and complicated – they are based on normal home cooked food but with the professional touch of Vanilla’s excellent chef.
Some Examples of Our Menu
- Spinach and Cream Cheese Roulade
- Red Onion Tarte Tatin with Goats Cheese
- Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Salad
- Potato and Chorizo Frittata
- Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
- Warm Avocado and Bacon Salad with Parmesan Croutons
- Braised Rump Steak with Smoked Bacon and Onions with Champ Potatoes
- Roast Lamb and Mint Gravy
- Pork in Cider
- Lamb and Apricot Tagine with Coriander Couscous and Moroccan Salad
- Pork Stroganoff
- Chicken in Creamy Mustard and Tarragon Sauce
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Sticky Toffee Sauce
- Lemon Posset with Stem Ginger Shortbread
- Chocolate Orange Tart
- Apple and Cinnamon Crumble
- Chocolate and Vanilla Cheescake
Afternoon Tea Cakes:
- Victoria Sponge
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Cherry Bakewell Tart
- Ginger Flapjacks
- Iced Carrot Cake
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
- White Chocolate and Orange Cake
All of our meals are 100% home-made and cakes are freshly made every day.