Ellis, sleeps 14, Serre Chevalier
A gorgeous farmhouse conversion in a tranquil location
This country house is an old farmhouse that has just been renovated and can comfortably accommodate 14 people. Fully south facing, the large glazed opening of the old barn floods the living space with sunlight facing the snow-capped peaks. It is located 10 meters from the shuttle stop to take you to the slopes or enjoy our free daily shuttle.
Created with old wood and stainless steel, stone and lime plaster, Afghan rugs and Tartan wools. It features 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms, each with a theme taking you to the Tibetan plateaus, to the shores of Swiss lakes, along the Alaskan fjords or through the valleys of the Hindu Kush.
The house is located in the hamlet of La Chirouze in La Salle les Alpes, slightly away from the hustle and bustle of the slopes (1 min by car or by shuttle – bus stop 10 meters from the house), with a view of the summits of Brianзon and facing Mont Prorel. You can enjoy the Sun, well installed on a deckchair in the garden, the deck or the large balcony on the top floor.
On three levels, the house can accommodate 14 people in its 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms (3 baths and 4 showers).
On the garden level, the old vaulted barn has been transformed into a Native American living room. Facing the 70s stove, inspired by a trip to the Easter Islands.
On this floor, two suites with their own bathroom and WC.
On the ground floor, a beautiful entrance in old Austrian wood leads to 4 double bedrooms each with its own bathroom.
In the attic, the large bay window illuminates the main room which includes a living room, the dining room, a kitchen designed by designer Stйphane Barbier Bouvet and a central fireplace. The top floor also includes the master bedroom of 30 M2 with bathroom with bathtub.
This house has been refurbished in respect of the environment with noble materials and old techniques. The heated floors are powered by solar panels.
In addition to the house, our guests will benefit from:
– Heated ski room so that you have warm ski boots in the mornings
– A sauna that can accommodate 6 people.
– A Sonos system
– A hi-fi system on the top floor
– A 65 ‘flat screen
– All double beds can be separated into two single beds
– A private parking space. The house is located near a parking lot.
What's included in catering
6 x evening meals, 7 x breakfasts and 6 x afternoon tea
A quirky but characterful chalet in one of our all time favourite resorts.
- Champagne & canape reception the evening of your arrival
- Comfortable chalet surroundings with dedicated & experienced chalet hosts
- Shuttle to and from the slopes 6 days a week
- An impressive menu from breakfast to dinner that will have your taste buds tingling. Whatever your dietery needs are.
- Quality unlimited bottled wine served with evening meal
- Customised menu for kids dinner
- Cots & high chairs plus a choice of childrens toys
- Warm & cosy sleeping accomodation
- Daily housekeeping
- Quality bed linen to ensure a great nights sleep
- Free WIFI
- IPod/MP3 music system in the main lounge including playlists that will get you revved up & ready to hit the slopes!
TV/DVD & various DVD’s from comedys to horrors
- Nintendo Wii – To keep all kids aged 3 to 98 happy! Feel free to bring more games with you!
- A selection of board games
- Ski & boot room
- Equipment lockers at the base of the slopes*
- All week private chauffeur*
- Spa facilities*
* Only in selected chalets
Cuisine & Wine
Pride is taken in creating a fantastic, exciting & diverse menu that takes inspiration from traditional and world dishes.
Every morning, the evening’s meal will be displayed on our Menu du Jour board for your perusal. Not everyones tastes are the same, so you have a chance to let your host know before you leave for the day if you would like an aternative option.
Catering for those with special dietery requirements such as vegetarians & vegans, guests with food allergies & intolerances are not a problem!
Breakfast Made for a King
There is nothing like waking up to the aromas of freshly brewed coffee, the scent of bacon & a warm French baguette!
As we all know “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” Provided is an extensive cooked breakfast menu that changes from day to day.
Cooked Breakfast Example Menu
Eggs Benedict – Perfectly poached eggs perched on top of a slice of cooked ham or wilted spinach with an English muffin base, drizzled in a light & creamy homemade hollandaise sauce
Breakfast Burrito – Creamy scrambled egg topped with sauteed chorizo, caramalised onions and peppers sprinkled with cheese, all bundled into a soft tortilla wrap.
NB staff day off breakfast consists of cereals and juice
- Fresh french bread, toast, butter and preserves including jams, marmalade, peanut butter, marmite & nutella
- Freshly brewed coffee & tea – We also offer a selection of herbal teas & decaffinated options
- Yoghurts & fresh fruit
- A variety of selected cereals from Coco Pops to Muesli
- Fresh orange juice
- Cooked Breakfast Option
- Porridge *on request* served as it is or with cinnamon, apples, raisins & brown sugar
Afternoon Tea is laid out for guests from 4pm – to tide you over till Dinner!
- Fresh baguettes with butter & condiments
- Freshly baked cake, cookies or scones
- Hot brewed coffee & tea – herbal teas & decaffinated options available
- A selection of cordials
- Fresh fruit bowl
“There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea”
Henry James – The Portrait of a Lady
The evening meal consists of three delicious; well balanced courses, served with unlimited wine.
You will then be offered a variety of delicious French cheeses served with accompaniments & a warming glass of Port
Wild mushroom risotto with a safron, lemon & sage huile and a parmesan crisp (V)
Roasted pork in cider, thyme & garlic topped with slow roasted pork belly. Served with fondant potatoes, minted peas, an apricot, pear & herb confit & a cider jus.
Mushroom wellington – a tender medley of sautéed mushrooms in our own unique light madeira sauce baked in a golden pastry parcel (V)
A homemade vanilla bean pannacotta served with blueberries & a lavender syrup. Topped with home made honeycombe.
We stock three fantastic red wines and a perfect all rounder dry white wine from individuals in the Bordeaux and Bergerac areas. Great quality direct from the vineyard.
If you have any dietry needs please advise when you book. Your hosts are more than happy to cater to your requirments as they enjoy a culinary challange. Quite often yours dish will be the envy of everyone at the dinner table
“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations” – Oscar Wilde
Kids Meal Times Rock!
Your hosts aim to provide your children with a nutricious delicious meal everday so they are bouncing with energy for the slopes. They will keep it simple and steer clear of anything too rich or spicy. Please advise if your little one has any strong dislikes.