Nine, sleeps 11, Serre Chevalier
A converted 17th century farmhouse in Villeneuve, located a stone's throw from the piste
Chalet Nine is a rustic 17th century farmhouse that has been converted into a stunning, modern chalet. Chalet Nine is well located, just 150m from the Aravet Lift in the Villeneuve area of Serre Chevalier. Under good snow conditions, you can ski back to within 50 metres of the property.
The chalet is composed of 5 bedrooms, 3 with ensuite facilities. The remaining 2 bedrooms share 2 private bathroom facilities. In the longer days you guests enjoy the sun terrace, a beautiful spot to relax in!
What's included in catering
6 x evening meals, 7 x breakfasts and 6 x afternoon tea
A stunning old building close to the gondola in the Villeneuve Village
- Champagne & canape reception the evening of your arrival
- Comfortable chalet surroundings with dedicated & experienced chalet hosts
- Shuttle to and from the slopes 6 days a week
- An impressive menu from breakfast to dinner that will have your taste buds tingling. Whatever your dietery needs are.
- Quality unlimited bottled wine served with evening meal
- Customised menu for kids dinner
- Cots & high chairs plus a choice of childrens toys
- Warm & cosy sleeping accomodation
- Daily housekeeping
- Quality bed linen to ensure a great nights sleep
- Free WIFI
- IPod/MP3 music system in the main lounge including playlists that will get you revved up & ready to hit the slopes!
TV/DVD & various DVD’s from comedys to horrors
- Nintendo Wii – To keep all kids aged 3 to 98 happy! Feel free to bring more games with you!
- A selection of board games
- Ski & boot room
- Equipment lockers at the base of the slopes*
- All week private chauffeur*
- Spa facilities*
* Only in selected chalets
Cuisine & Wine
Pride is taken in creating a fantastic, exciting & diverse menu that takes inspiration from traditional and world dishes.
Every morning, the evening’s meal will be displayed on our Menu du Jour board for your perusal. Not everyones tastes are the same, so you have a chance to let your host know before you leave for the day if you would like an aternative option.
Catering for those with special dietery requirements such as vegetarians & vegans, guests with food allergies & intolerances are not a problem!
Breakfast Made for a King
There is nothing like waking up to the aromas of freshly brewed coffee, the scent of bacon & a warm French baguette!
As we all know “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” Provided is an extensive cooked breakfast menu that changes from day to day.
Cooked Breakfast Example Menu
Eggs Benedict – Perfectly poached eggs perched on top of a slice of cooked ham or wilted spinach with an English muffin base, drizzled in a light & creamy homemade hollandaise sauce
Breakfast Burrito – Creamy scrambled egg topped with sauteed chorizo, caramalised onions and peppers sprinkled with cheese, all bundled into a soft tortilla wrap.
NB staff day off breakfast consists of cereals and juice
- Fresh french bread, toast, butter and preserves including jams, marmalade, peanut butter, marmite & nutella
- Freshly brewed coffee & tea – We also offer a selection of herbal teas & decaffinated options
- Yoghurts & fresh fruit
- A variety of selected cereals from Coco Pops to Muesli
- Fresh orange juice
- Cooked Breakfast Option
- Porridge *on request* served as it is or with cinnamon, apples, raisins & brown sugar
Afternoon Tea is laid out for guests from 4pm – to tide you over till Dinner!
- Fresh baguettes with butter & condiments
- Freshly baked cake, cookies or scones
- Hot brewed coffee & tea – herbal teas & decaffinated options available
- A selection of cordials
- Fresh fruit bowl
“There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea”
Henry James – The Portrait of a Lady
The evening meal consists of three delicious; well balanced courses, served with unlimited wine.
You will then be offered a variety of delicious French cheeses served with accompaniments & a warming glass of Port
Wild mushroom risotto with a safron, lemon & sage huile and a parmesan crisp (V)
Roasted pork in cider, thyme & garlic topped with slow roasted pork belly. Served with fondant potatoes, minted peas, an apricot, pear & herb confit & a cider jus.
Mushroom wellington – a tender medley of sautéed mushrooms in our own unique light madeira sauce baked in a golden pastry parcel (V)
A homemade vanilla bean pannacotta served with blueberries & a lavender syrup. Topped with home made honeycombe.
We stock three fantastic red wines and a perfect all rounder dry white wine from individuals in the Bordeaux and Bergerac areas. Great quality direct from the vineyard.
If you have any dietry needs please advise when you book. Your hosts are more than happy to cater to your requirments as they enjoy a culinary challange. Quite often yours dish will be the envy of everyone at the dinner table
“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations” – Oscar Wilde
Kids Meal Times Rock!
Your hosts aim to provide your children with a nutricious delicious meal everday so they are bouncing with energy for the slopes. They will keep it simple and steer clear of anything too rich or spicy. Please advise if your little one has any strong dislikes.